One Dress = 100 Styles with Kariza Designs

Green, Organic, Fitness, Health, Wellness, Coach
Maxi Dress Instructions

** This post is now updated with more images and details here: Updated Kariza Dress

After one of our expedition days exploring the Newport, RI area we came back to the main drag to walk around the wharfs. We were trolling the old brick market when we came upon a dress hanging outside that said “one dress 100 styles!” My husband liked that idea immediately, most likely thinking it would mean I wouldn’t be shopping again anytime soon.. hmmm yeah sure hun.. He suggested we go in, who am I to argue, in we went.

What is a trip without a little shopping, retail therapy, just doing my part to pump up the economy..

We learned that Kariza is a Brazilian native that studied design in her native country who now has home offices in Miami. Looking around we saw many various styles and colors offered in the wraps which came in three length choices: long, medium and short. Ultimately I chose the medium as it offered more versatility for my personal style.

Below are two panels that shows one wrap done in 4 different ways.

Kariza Wrap Dress, 100 ways to wear 1 Item

Kariza Wrap Dress, 100 ways to wear 1 Item

We saw a lot of different color patterns for this wrap but most importantly we started talking to the sales staff. The girl in charge was extremely friendly, I felt like we were besties after about 5 minutes. What a great sales technique as I was so comfortable with her that soon she was dressing me in many configurations of these cute wrap dresses.

Kariza Wrap Dress Options for Wear

Below is a video that shows just a few of the options that this one wrap skirt can be worn, I need to practice some of these wraps techniques myself.  As soon as I have a few photos of my choice in wraps I will post photos.

Not only does the Kariza Design company have wrap dresses as an option for purchase, they also have swimwear, swim cover-ups and also other dress styles like this one I wore just the other night. I found a particular dress is very well made and has a fit that I find to be very flattering for my body.

Do you have a wrap dress by Kariza Design or would you consider wearing one if you had a store locally?

The concept is very simple and it can be quickly recreated by the handy seamstress..

11 Responses to "One Dress = 100 Styles with Kariza Designs"
  1. Karen says:

Very nice, now I wonder why I always find things like this when the weather is on the turn for the worse!!! ;)
    Karen recently posted..What To Consider When Travel BloggingMy Profile

• bodynsoil says:

I was thinking along the same lines but then there is always that stolen vacation to a tropical place that would make something like this very practical to pack..

2. Shairbearg says:

Um, what about a sweater over top for work ladies? That works too :) I think this is awesome! I am not a gifted seamstress, but I do have a sewing machine, and the internet….I should see if I can find a pattern.
    Shairbearg recently posted..Minnie’s Masquerade ReviewMy Profile

• bodynsoil says:

They were rather pricey for what you get and yet I got one anyway thinking that I would be able to recreate the style and perhaps start a cottage industry in my area. Since it is a wrap skirt you can wear it with anything you desire.

3. The Spring Mount 6 Pack says:

I am completely in love with that dress. What a fantastic idea.
    The Spring Mount 6 Pack recently posted..Recipe of the Day 8-24-11My Profile

• bodynsoil says:

The various ways it can be worn is only limited to the amount of time/imagination you have to play around with how you tie it together and the color patterns on the fabric. Just think how easy packing for a trip could be, and how light your luggage can get.. LOL

• peekaboo2 says:

I bought one of these wraps for my daughter but the store was out of printed instructions on how to wrap and tie it.
        They told me I could print them up online at their site but so far, no luck–nada.
        Does ANYONE have printed instructions and where can I get them?

4. Gingermommy says:

Wow such beautiful designs. I had a similar dress years ago from Hawaii but these ones have a much nicer look to them. These are definitely a summer must have item
    Gingermommy recently posted..Review and Giveaway – Naturally Nova Scotia (Nova Greens & CHIAlicious)My Profile

• bodynsoil says:

Thank you.. They are so much fun to wear and play around with, I will be breaking out my machine to sew up a few more as soon as I find suitable fabric.